- 1 stick of Butter
- 1 large Red Onion, diced
- 2 – 3 Celery Stalks, diced
- 1 package Jimmy Dean Sage Sausage
- ⅓ cup Water
- 1 10 oz. can Cream of Chicken Soup (undiluted)
- 6 cups crumbled Cornbread (Krusteaz Honey Cornbread works best)
- 1 tsp. Dried Sage
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. White Pepper
- Melt butter in a pan and added diced onion & celery. Cook over medium heat for 10 – 15 minutes until soft. Do not brown.
- In a separate pan, cook the sausage meat and scramble it.
- Mix water and chicken soup together in a large bowl. Add cornbread, celery & onion mixture, cooked sausage and seasonings. Mix well.
- Place the stuffing in a 9×9 or 8×8 greased pan. Bake in a 375° oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
from Barbra Kenny
It was absolutely delicious…and than you Barbara for sharing this recipe
I agree… very yummy and I am running off a copy.
The Herb committee does a terrific job with unique ideas at every meeting.
Yup, am making it for my Thanksgiving table. Really delicious!