from Dianna Thompson
Serves 6 – 8
1 loaf French Bread, sliced
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1½ cups Milk
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1½ cups Half & Half
- Arrange bread in a lightly greased 13 x 9 pan; set aside.
- Beat together remaining ingredients; pour over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Spread topping over mixture; bake at 350º for 45-55 min. Let stand 5 min. before serving.
NOTE: When I served this at the meeting, I altered a few things; cut the bread into pieces, added several slices of cooked bacon, used light cream instead of the half & half (because I had it on hand).
½ cup Butter, softened
1 cup Brown Sugar
2 tbs. Maple Syrup
1 cup Pecans, chopped
- Mix all ingredients together.
NOTE: Again, I altered a couple things. I used walnuts and mixed this the day before. It was not soft enough to spread so crumbled on top.