A mentor is a member who commits to enhancing the new member experience for a newly registered member. Mentoring takes place for the first 6 months to a year.
The mentor helps by:
• Welcoming the new member with a card, email, or phone call.
• Introducing them to club, explaining in your own words how you will help them become familiar with the club, and asking them what their expectations are.
• Introducing the new member to other club members during social time at each meeting and event.
• Introducing the new member to committee chairs and members of their chosen committees.
• Answering any questions.
• Explaining the Promise Tree and describing fun Promise Tree events you have attended.