The Ways & Means project for 2011 is the Promise Tree
Each club member will make a promise, determine a monetary value, write it on a leaf and hang it on the Promise Tree at the general meeting.
Club members will then “shop” the tree at each monthly meeting, deciding on what you may enjoy or need, and make your purchases.
The promises, shoppers names and prices will be recorded. All purchases must be paid for at the each meeting and funds go into the treasury.
This activity will be fun and allow you to share your talents with fellow members!
If you are a member, you can go to the Promise Tree and see what is offered.
❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦
Here are some suggestions to help get you started:
- Donate your time to help do gardening tasks (rake leaves, weed, divide plants, re-pot, plant blubs, etc.)
- Serve a luncheon with a theme
- Wine & cheese
- Bake Breads, Cookies, Pies
- Decorate a cake
- Host morning coffee
- Garden tour with tea & cookies
- Cocktail party
- Make a casserole (with notice, of course)
- Drive to a destination for lunch & offer to drive and buy dessert
- Mystery ride
- Direct sale of something (food, hand-made items, etc.)
- Host a workshop to learn a new craft or make something
- Cooking class
- Pick a book, have people read it and join you for morning coffee and a “book club” discussion
- Divide some plants from your garden and offer them for sale (but save some for the auction!)