Making your own cinnamon ornaments is fun and easy with this no-bake recipe. Get yourself some cheap dollar store cinnamon for this project.
- Drain one pound of Sweetened Apple Sauce overnight.
- Combine it with 8 oz. ground Cinnamon (or more, if necessary) in a mixing bowl, alternating ingredients until the mixture is the consistency of cookie dough. If bling is your thing, add glitter, to taste, as well.
- Working with 1 cup of the mixture at a time, pat it with your hands onto parchment or wax paper to about ¼ inch thick.
- Cut out shapes with decorative cookie cutters. Make a hole at the top or holes on each side (depending on how you plan to use them) with a wooden skewer or match stick.
- Dry ornaments in a warm place for 1 to 2 days or until thoroughly dry, turning occasionally.
You can use your ornaments to decorate the tree or make a garland. They look really nice when strung with dried fruit slices, bay leaves and cinnamon sticks.
Click this link to see how to make Dried Orange Ornaments.
Enjoy the whiff of cinnamon as you pass by!