We’re Making a Fall Garden Box!
The class will be held on October 24 at the Exeter Senior Center from 2 PM to 4 PM for club members. Participants need to bring a rectangular-shaped container, clippers and $3.00 for floral foam.
This arrangement combines vertical groupings of silk and dried fall floral materials so, you also need the following design elements to make your arrangement:
- 3 varieties of tall items which rise 10″ to 12″ above the container rim (cattails, grains, grasses, eucalyptus)
- 1 variety of medium-sized fall flowers: mums, zinnias, sunflowers, Chinese lanterns (silk or dried)
- Assorted fall accents: leaves, pods, cones, fruit, vegetables, berries. Consider using a few fall picks which combine several varieties on 1 stem.
- Moss to cover floral foam
Optional Accents: dried twigs, branches or vines; dried caspia (basil green is a nice choice) or dried mini-gyp
Where to buy supplies:
- Michael’s & Jo-Ann’s have fall florals on sale this week.
- Tendercrop Farm, 108 High Rd., Newbury, MA has a large selection of drieds that sell for $3.99 a bunch. Definitely worth the trip!
- AC Moore, Rt. 28 in Salem, NH
Good luck in your search for materials & I’ll see you next week.