from Dianna Thompson
- Preheat oven to 375°. Grease 15 x 10 jelly roll pan and line with wax paper or parchment. Grease and flour paper.
- Sprinkle a thin cotton kitchen towel with powdered sugar.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda, spices in bowl, set aside. Beat eggs and sugar until thick. Beat in pumpkin.
- Stir in flour mixture. Spread evenly into the pan. Sprinkle with nuts, if using.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Immediately loosen and turn cake onto prepared towel. Peel off paper and roll cake and towel together. Cool on wire rack.
1 pkg. (8oz.) Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup Powdered Sugar
6 tbs. Butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
- Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter and vanilla. Carefully unroll cake, remove towel. Spread mixture over cake and reroll. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
NOTE: The pumpkin in the can is more than needed for one recipe. I usually measure out enough for another cake, put it in a zip-lock and freeze. Label the bag so you know what it is when you see it a few months later. (The voice of experience…..DT)
Other uses for canned pumpkin:
Add ¼ cup to hot oatmeal with cinnamon and walnuts.
When making cornmeal muffins from Jiffy (8 oz.) replace the milk with pumpkin.
1 cup canned pumpkin = 80 calories, fiber 700%, vit. A (beta carotene), vit.C, iron, riboflavin, calcium