The Exeter Area Garden Club Mini-Grant program has been established to encourage beautification of our local landscape and communities. It was developed by the Environment & Conservation Committee.
Applicants may request $50 – $200 per year for a project to be completed within the calendar year.
Applications will be accepted from organizations, community and civic groups, schools, businesses or individuals from the towns in the Exeter area. Only one project may be submitted per group in a given funding round. Preference will be given to new efforts by the applicant to improve a location. Funds should not be used for programs the applicant’s organization is already funding.
Eligible Use of Funds
Funds are to be used for trees, shrubs, plants, seeds, bulbs, containers, mulching materials, etc. Please be cautious not to use invasive plant species.
Ineligible Use of Funds
No funds shall be used for administrative costs, salaries, tools or transportation.
Applicants shall maintain an accurate record of expenditures incurred and shall submit, if requested, these records upon project completion. Grant recipients should notify the committee upon completion and submit a photograph of the completed project.
Applications will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
- Need for project is adequately described
- Project is designed to beautify and enhance a public space
- Project does not duplicate existing programs
- Goals and budget are clearly stated, specifically describing how the money will be spent
- A plan is in place for maintenance of the project on a regular basis to include watering, weeding and pruning. The committee puts particular emphasis on this component of your project.
- Priority is given to applicants with new projects. Repeat applications will be given consideration to complete a project already funded.
The committee reserves the right to accept or reject any project application and will respond to all applications.